Our criteria for entry are community-based following Local Education Authority (LEA) policy, being siblings of current children first, followed by children with special educational needs and then proximity to the HWPP.
We arrange our waiting list under the following criteria:
- Children who have siblings who are already attending the provision
- Children whose parents live within the locality
- A child requiring a full-time place may have preference over one requiring a part-time place. This is dependent upon occupancy and availability
- Drop off and collection from the following settings/schools:
- Hadley Wood School
- Monken Hadley School
- Trent School
- Lochinver House School
- Stormont School
A child may be offered a priority place if they are:
- A Looked after children (LAC)
- A child known by the local authority to have special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND) and whose needs can be best met at the preferred nursery
- A vulnerable child with either a Child Protection or a Child in Need Plan or Local Authority/EHCP
Although we would not expect children to be dry on entering Caterpillars, this is usually achieved by the time the child reaches Butterflies.
All parents are warmly invited to an introductory welcome morning, which is held in the term preceding entry. Home visits will follow towards the end of the summer holidays and we also encourage parents to arrange visits to HWPP with their children, prior to the scheduled admission.