Hadley Wood Preschool
Each child should experience an environment which: -
* Is safe, secure and caring, where children and adults feel valued.
* Promotes self-confidence, a sense of achievement and self-esteem.
* Provides opportunities for socialising and developing relationships with other
young children and with adults.
* Enable the children to gain an understanding and respect for the uniqueness of
others, to value their individuality and be tolerant of their needs.
* Encourages creativity and the use of imagination.
* Develops independent thinking and learning through first hand experiences.
* Provides a broad, balanced curriculum which is appropriate to the physical,
social, emotional, spiritual and intellectual development of individual children,
including those with special needs.
* Fosters and develops a child’s natural curiosity.
We believe that children should: -
* Be in an environment, which is stimulating, motivating, and challenging and
which has facilities for indoor and outdoor play. It should be well planned
and appropriately resourced to promote independent learning.
* Experience an approach to learning which recognises the needs of young
children which is founded on first hand experiences, which encourages the
development of language and communications and which values play.
* Learn through play and make no distinctions between work and play. It is
through play that children are able to bring together what they have learned.
Play should be carefully planned and structured; sensitive intervention by
adults will extend the child’s learning.
We recognise the important part parents play in the education of their children and
endeavour to promote shared understanding, mutual respect and dialogue between
home and school.
Copyright © All Rights Reserved